Position Summary: The Technician provides customer service in the field in order to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC equipment.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
- Properly troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC
- Provides highest level of service to the customer and professionally communicates the service needed to
- Defines service problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions about the work
needing to be performed.
- Legibly completes paperwork for all services performed on behalf of the customer.
- Consults with the Parts Department to get parts ordered and the Service Department to get follow up calls
- Communicates with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnosing problems with equipment.
- Installs all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
- Maintains a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part and tool inventory.
- Maintains productivity levels in accordance with company standards.
- Provides technical support for our staff and other technicians.
- Consults with manufacturers, sales reps, dealers, and customers.
- Promotes and recommends other services provided by the Company to customers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Non-supervisory position.
- Reports to the Service Manager or Branch Manager.
- Makes decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 75 pounds)
- Requires walking, standing, driving, sitting, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, and
turning for the better part of 8 hours
- Must be able to use hands for fine manipulation of hand tools
- High School diploma or GED
- Refrigeration technicians must be EPA certified
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which applicant is applying and must be insurable by your auto insurance company
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Two (2) years of education and/or experience in food service equipment repair, or in a related area.
- Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing, and/or steam repairs a plus
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Excellent organizational skills, must be motivated, a self-starter, and able to follow through on duties and
assignments with minimal supervision
Job descriptions are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. To perform this job successfully, the employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.